Prepd allows teachers, coaches or school administrators to create a team account and invite their students to join and collaborate through the Team. There are three different pricing tiers for Teams:
• Prelims - $20 / month: Up to 10 users, up to 500 saved articles a month, online and offline access.
• Semis - $30 / month: Up to 25 users, up to 1,500 saved articles a month, online and offline access.
• Finals - $40 / month: Unlimited users, unlimited articles a month, online and offline access.
Single User Plans
Prepd allows individual users to create an account and use the software without joining a Team.
• Free Trial Account: Single users can start with a free, trial account. Users on this plan will not pay any money. However, users will be limited to catching 50 articles a month. As soon as a single user joins a Team, the user will be limited by the restrictions of their Team’s plan.
• Prepd Pro – $5/month: Individual users also have the option of subscribing to Prepd Pro. For $5 a month an individual user will be able to catch an unlimited number of articles. A valid credit or debit card must be provided. Memberships are reoccurring on a month-to-month basis. A user can cancel at any time by emailing a cancellation request to email@example.com. Upon receiving a cancellation request, the user’s account will be suspended and the user will not be charged for any upcoming months. Although refunds for past months are not normally provided, Prepd will consider refund requests on a case-by-case basis (normally in the event that the technology significantly malfunctioned during a user’s subscription period). The first billing transaction will occur when a user registers. The user will thereafter be billed every month on the same day he or she registered. Finally, Prepd never stores credit card credentials. Online payment occurs through a secure checkout page.
Payment Options and Policies
Teams that have subscribed to one of Prepd’s three pricing plans have two options for delivering payment.
• Monthly Reoccurring – A Team can provide valid credit or debit card credentials and pay once a month. Membership terms are reoccurring on a month-to-month basis. A coach can cancel his or her Team’s subscription at any time by emailing a cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving a cancellation request, the team’s account will be suspended and the Team will not be charged for any upcoming months. Although refunds for past months are not normally provided, Prepd will consider refund requests on a case-by-case basis (normally in the event that the technology significantly malfunctioned during a user’s subscription period). A coach can upgrade or downgrade the Team’s plan through the Billing Settings page, located on the Prepd Dashboard. The first billing transaction will occur when a team registers. The team will thereafter be billed every month on the same day he or she registered. Finally, Prepd never stores credit card credentials. Online payment occurs through a secure checkout page.
• One-Time, Annual – Team’s that would like to pay with a check can pay for an annual subscription one-time, upfront. The cost of the annual subscription is the monthly cost of the desired plan times 12. Team’s that would like to pay with a check should select the appropriate option when registering an account. An invoice will be emailed to the coach shortly after registration. Access to the Prepd software will be provided to the Team immediately upon registration. However, Prepd expects to receive a check from the Team within 30 calendar days of emailing the invoice. If an invoice is not received within 30 calendar days, Prepd reserves the right to suspend service to the Team’s account. No refunds are offered. Teams will remain enrolled, and be invoiced at the end of every 12 month cycle, although a Team can opt out of extending its membership. If a Team would like to upgrade a plan, they can indicate so in the coach’s Settings page. An invoice for the balance will then be sent to the coach and the same, 30 day time period will apply for providing payment. Checks can be made out to Prepd LLC.
Prepd can be contacted at the following:
PO Box 209073
New Haven, CT 06520
Extemporaneous Speaking has come a long way from the days of cutting and pasting newspaper articles. Recent rule changes by the National Forensic League and many local circuits present an exciting opportunity: Merging the powers of the World Wide Web with Extemp!
But until now, that potential has not been realized. Debate programs have struggled using different technologies that were never built for Extemp. Fortunately, a digital solution now exists for all things Extemp.
I am excited to introduce you to Prepd – dedicated software for modern Extemp!
Prepd makes it easy for Extempers to research, practice, and compete. For coaches, Prepd facilitates learning by serving as an educational supplement. And those that have started using Prepd couldn’t be happier!
Now it’s your turn to join the growing Prepd community.
You can start by creating a free, trial account.
You can learn more by watching the intro video.
As a former Extemper, I can’t express how much I gained from my years of Extemp. I learned about the world, refined my critical thinking and public speaking skills, and made lifetime friendships! For me, building Prepd is rewarding; an opportunity to give back.
But we can’t build Prepd alone. Your ongoing feedback and support is much appreciated. Please feel free to email me at email@example.com if you ever have any questions or thoughts.
All the Best,
- Ian and the Prepd Team
Prepd’s mission is to deliver innovative software solutions for the competitive Extemporaneous Speaking community. Prepd will make it easy for Extempers to research, practice, and compete. For coaches, Prepd will facilitate learning by serving as an educational supplement.
Easily capture articles from the web and save them to your team’s folders.
Folders can be filtered, organized, and edited. Coming soon, sub-folders!
Articles are “cleaned” to display only the main content for ease of use.
Create a “round” to navigate among relevant articles while competing.
Graphically highlight article content to quickly identify important content and facilitate learning.
Mark important articles as “Favorites” for quick and easy access.
The Coach’s Corner makes it easy for educators to monitor and manage team activity.
Coming soon! Extemper’s that compete with iPads can install Prepd’s mobile app.
Centennial High School
Coordinator, Fine Arts
North East ISD
Madison High School
MacArthur High School
Prepd is a revolutionary program for the successful Extemper. It is the perfect filing, storing and prepping solution for squads trying to "go digital," and away from the old heavy Extemp tubs full of paper articles and folders. The Prepd founders are mindful of the evidence rules for every speech competition organization, from TFA to UIL to NSDA, which was my main concern. Some favorite features my team enjoys are the "add article to round," which filters out all of the other articles except the ones you want to use in your round, the highlight feature, the favorites feature, the add topic feature, so you can see your topic clearly as you prep, and the countdown timer. It is clear that Prepd was started by a former Extemper, because everything on an extemper's wish list is in this program. I highly recommend Prepd for you and your squad!
I am very impressed with Prepd. The app addresses several issues associated with building and maintaining a competitive extemp digital filing system. The software provides a convenient and intuitive manner for researching articles and organizing files so students can focus more time on giving speeches. The data tracking aspect of the software also provides coaches with better insight for preparing their students for competition. This is a great tool for any extemp program looking for a better way to manage its files.
Prepd is an extempers Paradise, it is smooth, quick, and easy. I love the multi-file select, it allows me to select all files I need without worrying if my partner has it. The mock rounds are now the only way to practice.
Prepd made the process of collecting and organizing articles very convenient. This helped significantly when it came to being efficient with a limited amount of time.
SINGLE USER PLANS
Start with a free trial account!
You can fully use Prepd and save up to 50 articles a month for free!
Want Prepd to save all your Extemp articles? Upgrade to PrepdPro for $5 a month and save unlimited articles!
© 2013 Prepd.In